I’m working on a lot of house stuff before winter, and struggling to remember where I put all my printmaking supplies. Until I can find it all I’m able to produce are smallish sized prints. I had a curator over that suggested putting some order into the choas.
I know it’s not a print, but it’s my latest creation. Except for the plumbing I put in and installed everything here. Next up, the studio!
Series of 5! Seeing them like this gives me an idea for a larger project… as usual.
This print has 4 layers with the same distorted pull, it uses quite a bit of transparent base so it transitions from one layer to the next but in a uniform manner. The order of the layers is: indigo blue, black, white, indigo blue.
#4 - Clinton I’m using 320 mesh, this is about as high res as the camera on my phone gets. Which of course means you can see how my registration is off by just a little bit.
There is more depth in the image than my camera phone can capture, but for now you get the idea.
I’m back in the studio.The house is taking up a bit more time than I had anticipated.
Picking up where I left off - I made a small series of 5 prints this is the first of the group.
I’m thinking about tiling a group of these together.
Textured paper produced a greater amount of ink pooling and pinholes than I normally like, but it’s all part of learning curve.
So in the movie, this guy was making this repetitive chopping motion. I thought about doing that with ink; chopping up the inks and pulling them into the matrix naturally with much less emphasis on keeping it clean/orderly.
I was watching some old movie where they were… oh nobody wants to hear me go on. Here’s an idea I’ll be working on for the next month or so based on what I’ve recently done.
It’s also a variation on the dark pools series I did a year ago.
I’m stealing a page from the clinton mckay playbook and cropping this one. It has 4 layers: Black/white, orange/yellow, blue/dk blue, purple.